Welcome to the Whangaparaoa Tennis Club
Tennis Northern Club of the Year – 2014/15 and 2015/16
Situated in the heart of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula at Edith Hopper Park, the Whangaparaoa Tennis Club offers 6 artificial grass floodlit tennis courts, a fully equipped clubhouse with licenced bar and plenty of parking.
The club runs organised social club play year-round and organises inter-club teams at all levels for Seniors, Juniors (8-19yrs) and Mid-Week players in the Tennis Northern competition, during the summer tennis season (September – April). Our club coach runs programmes for all beginner players from the age of 4 through to 99. Club courts are available for limited public use at a cost of $5/hour per person, at times that the courts are not required for organised club play or by members of the club during casual play.
View information on senior social club play, senior coaching programmes, Senior Interclub and interclub draws
View information on junior club play, junior coaching programmes, Junior Interclub and interclub draws
View information on midweek social club play, Midweek Interclub and interclub draws
Interclub Draws – 2018 / 2019
Please click on the appropriate button below to view interclub teams, interclub draws and interclub results tables for the 2018 / 2019 season.
Check out the upcoming events calendar to find out what’s on at the club today
Junior Winter Programme
Our Club coaches Ken McLeod and Nico Martin are pleased to offer coaching sessions over winter, including a Performance Pathway programme for promising juniors.
- The sessions will be once a week for 8 weeks in each of term 2 and 3, commencing the 2nd week of each term.
- Sessions will be held on Wednesdays between 3.30- 6pm and Thursdays between 3.30-7pm.
- The cost is $40 per term .
$15 for last 3 weeks of Term 2
Please click on the button link below for more details.
For enquiries and registration please contact Ken McLeod – 021 258 9633 or email@example.com
Join the Whangaparaoa Tennis Club on a casual basis for 3 months
Casual membership conditions:
- Use of court facilities – priority on court use is given to tournaments, club events, club play, interclub, team practices & coaching.
- Free participation in club play – Wednesday mornings from 9am (midweek) Wednesday evenings from 6.30pm & Sundays from 2.00pm.
- Participation in club social events.
- Use of club house when open.
- Use of bar facilities during opening hours
Casual membership restricted to a maximum of 9 months.
- Senior Casual$65per 3 months
- Open to all ages
- Club Play
- Clubhouse / Bar
- 3 month membership
Our History and Constitution
The Whangaparaoa Tennis Club has a rich history, dating back to the early 1950’s.
Many thanks to the following individuals who so graciously gave up their time and contributed to documenting the club history – Don McIntyre, Larry Cross, Tuku Graham, Colin Bickerstaff, Dave Eastwood, Silverdale & Districts Historical Society Inc., Tennis Northern, Whangaparaoa Library, Tony Weber, Bryan Barrett, and Brendon Forbes.