Welcome to the Whangaparaoa Tennis Club
Situated in the heart of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula at Edith Hopper Park, the Whangaparaoa Tennis Club offers 6 artificial grass floodlit tennis courts, a fully equipped clubhouse with licenced bar and plenty of parking.
The club runs organised social club play year-round and organises inter-club teams at all levels for Seniors, Juniors (8-19yrs) and Mid-Week players in the Tennis Northern competition, during the summer tennis season (September – April). Our club coach runs programmes for all beginner players from the age of 4 through to 99. Club courts are available for limited public use at a cost of $5/hour per person, at times that the courts are not required for organised club play or by members of the club during casual play.
View information on senior social club play, senior coaching programmes, Senior Interclub and interclub draws
View information on junior club play, junior coaching programmes, Junior Interclub and interclub draws
View information on midweek social club play, Midweek Interclub and interclub draws
Interclub Draws – 2019 / 2020
Please click on the appropriate button to view interclub teams and draws for the 2019 / 2020 season.
Check out the upcoming events calendar to find out what’s on at the club today
Junior Cool’or Tournament – Saturday 14th December
Open to all Hot Shots & Teen Tennis players
To finish the year our club coaches Ken McLeod & Nicolas Martin will be running a fun, participation based tournament at the last session of the 2019, on Saturday 14th December.
Children enrolled in Hot Shots / Teen Tennis are welcome to participate. There will be several matches for each player.
Red Ball: 8.30am to 9.30am
Orange Ball: 9.30am to 11.00am
Green Ball: 11.00am to 12.30pm
Players can enter two different colour groups, if they want.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the scheduled start time, so that the coaches can organise the schedule of games. We expect players to stay until the end of each colour bracket.
- Please bring a wrapped gift (to exchange) to a maximum value of $5. Please indicate if the Xmas gift is for a boy or girl or both.
- There is no Yellow ball group.
Junior Interclub Games at Whangaparaoa College
Please follow the link below to get Google Map driving directions for junior interclub games at Whangaparaoa College.
For junior games played at Whangaparaoa College we recommend bringing some portable seating to the games.
Join the Whangaparaoa Tennis Club on a casual basis for 3 months
Casual membership conditions:
- Use of court facilities – priority on court use is given to tournaments, club events, club play, interclub, team practices & coaching.
- Free participation in club play – Wednesday mornings from 9am (midweek) Wednesday evenings from 6.30pm & Sundays from 2.00pm.
- Participation in club social events.
- Use of club house when open.
- Use of bar facilities during opening hours
Casual membership restricted to a maximum of 9 months.
- Senior Casual$70per 3 months
- Open to new members
- Club Play
- Clubhouse / Bar
- 3 month membership
Our History and Constitution
The Whangaparaoa Tennis Club has a rich history, dating back to the early 1950’s.
Many thanks to the following individuals who so graciously gave up their time and contributed to documenting the club history – Don McIntyre, Larry Cross, Tuku Graham, Colin Bickerstaff, Dave Eastwood, Silverdale & Districts Historical Society Inc., Tennis Northern, Whangaparaoa Library, Tony Weber, Bryan Barrett, and Brendon Forbes.