In line with the recent announcement from the Government, we will be able to return to our normal scheduled tennis activities.
From Sunday 7th March, the club will recommence
- All Hot Shots & junior coaching
- Junior Club Champs – (junior doubles club champs recommence this coming week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday @4pm. No junior interclub coaching this week)
- Tennis aerobics / Adults Returning to Tennis
- Senior interclub
- Midweek ladies interclub
- Midweek social tennis
- Club night on Wednesdays and club day on Sundays
- Chelsea Cup home game on Friday 12th March
Under Level 2 restrictions, please ensure that everyone using the courts and club facilities observes the following
- Please ensure you scan the Ministry of Health QR code displayed on the entrance to the clubhouse or fill in the club’s contact tracing form, a link to which can be found on the home page of the club website at https://wgptennis.co.nz
- Maintain social distancing where possible
- Hand sanitiser will be positioned near the clubhouse gate. As this cannot be secured in place, court users are advised to bring their own sanitiser supply.
- The clubhouse will be open – but please keep surfaces clean and wash your hands
- The clubhouse bar can be open, under the following conditions. The bar key holder (whoever opens the bar) is responsible to ensure just one person acts as bar server. That bar server must close the bar when he / she leaves. The nominated duty barman should be the only server behind the bar. Only the player buying a drink for themselves, or buying a round should approach the bar servery area to settle their bill.
Further guidelines for sport and exercise at level 2 can be found at this link https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-wellbeing/exercising-safely/#exercise-at-alert-level-2