Teen Tennis is for teenagers ( 12 to 18 years) who want to play social tennis in a non competitive environment.
Teen Tennis is run by Club Coach Ken McLeod and involves skills coaching and social games.
Teens enrolling in Teen Tennis will use the club registration process and will be enrolled for Term 4, 2018 and Term 1, 2019.
This season Tennis Hot Shots runs from Wednesday 17th October, 2018 to Saturday 8th December, 2018 (excluding Labour Weekend Saturday) and then from Wednesday 30th January, 2019 to Saturday 30th March, 2019.
Teens are welcome to join in one or two sessions per week.
Wednesday: 5.00 to 6.00pm
Saturday: 11.00am to 12.00pm
NEW – Teen Club Night from 5pm on Thursday evening, is also open to all Teen Tennis players
The annual subscription for Teen Social Tennis is $160.
This provides the junior with:
- One or two coaching session each week during term 4 and 1.
- Junior Club Night (Thursday)
- Access to club courts (when available) for 12mths (non member parent may play with their child).
- Invitation to junior club events – social and competitions such as Club Champs.
NB: If paying for 3 or more family member, discount sub by 10%.
- From 6 to 18 years
- 1 or 2 group coaching sessions per week by professional club coach
- Personal use of court at times other than club play, interclub play and tournament play
- Priority on court use is given to tournaments, club events, club play, interclub, team practices and coaching
- Club members (including hosted guests) may play at other times
- Visitors are welcome when courts are not required by members etc
Free parent and child play subject to the following conditions
- Parents of a non interclub junior are able to play with their child during casual play periods free of charge (does not apply to juniors older than 12 years)
- Parent & child play is designed to help give children consistent practice at a stage when the child is unable to play consistently with other beginners
- Parents must be hitting only with their child and not conducting their own game with adults
- To play casually at other times, parents are required to pay visitor fees
Teen Social Tennis – Important Dates for 2018 / 2019
- Junior Open Day: Saturday 22nd September 2018
- Teen Social Tennis commences in Term 4 2017: Wednesday 17th October 2018
- Teen Social Tennis finishes for Term 4 2017: Saturday 8th December 2018
- Parent and Child Fun tournament: from 5pm on Friday 14th December, 2018.
- Teen Social Tennis commences in Term 1 2018: Wednesday 30th January 2019
- Junior Club Champs entries online close: Thursday 21st February, 2019
- Junior Club Champs Singles: from 4pm – 12s on Monday 25th February, 15s on Tuesday 26th February, 18s on Thursday 28th February 2019.
- Junior Club Champs Doubles and Mixed: from 4pm – 12s on Monday 4th March, 15s on Tuesday 5th March and 18s on Thursday 7th March 2019
- Junior Club Champs save days: Monday 11th March to Thursday 14th March. Used if weather wet in previous two weeks.
- Junior Club Champs Finals: during week beginning 18th March 2019
- Junior Prizegiving: from 4pm Friday 5th April 2019
- Teen Social Tennis Last Session & Prizegiving: From Wednesday 27th March to Saturday 30th March 2019