Teen Tennis is for teenagers ( 12 to 18 years) who want to play social tennis in a non competitive environment.
Teen Tennis is run by our Club Coaches Ken McLeod & Nicolas Martin and involves skills coaching and social games.
Teens enrolling in Teen Tennis will use the club registration process and will be enrolled for Term 4, 2019 and Term 1, 2020.
This season Tennis Hot Shots runs from Wednesday 16th October, 2019 to Saturday 14th December, 2019 (excluding Labour Weekend Saturday) and then from Wednesday 5th February, 2020 to Saturday 4th April, 2020.
Teens are welcome to join in one or two sessions per week.
Wednesday: 5.00 to 6.00pm
Thursday: 6.00 to 7.00pm
Saturday: 11.00am to 12.00pm
The annual subscription for Teen Social Tennis is $175.
This provides the junior with:
- One or two coaching session each week during term 4 and 1.
- Access to club courts (when available) for 12mths (non member parent may play with their child).
- Invitation to junior club events – social and competitions such as Club Champs.
NB: If paying for 3 or more family member, discount sub by 10%.
- From 6 to 18 years
- 1 or 2 group coaching sessions per week by professional club coach
- Personal use of court at times other than club play, interclub play and tournament play
- Priority on court use is given to tournaments, club events, club play, interclub, team practices and coaching
- Club members (including hosted guests) may play at other times
- Visitors are welcome when courts are not required by members etc
Free parent and child play subject to the following conditions
- Parents of a non interclub junior are able to play with their child during casual play periods free of charge (does not apply to juniors older than 12 years)
- Parent & child play is designed to help give children consistent practice at a stage when the child is unable to play consistently with other beginners
- Parents must be hitting only with their child and not conducting their own game with adults
- To play casually at other times, parents are required to pay visitor fees
Teen Social Tennis – Important Dates for 2019 / 2020
- Junior Registration Day: Saturday 21st September 2019
- Teen Social Tennis commences in Term 4 2019: Wednesday 16th October 2019
- Teen Social Tennis finishes for Term 4 2019: Saturday 14th December 2019
- Parent and Child Fun tournament: from 5pm on Friday 13th December, 2019.
- Teen Social Tennis commences in Term 1 2020: Wednesday 5th February 2020
- Junior Club Champs entries online close: Thursday 20th February, 2020
- Junior Club Champs Singles: from 4pm – 12s on Monday 24th February, 15s on Tuesday 25th February, 18s on Thursday 27th February 2020.
- Junior Club Champs Doubles and Mixed: from 4pm – 12s on Monday 2nd March, 15s on Tuesday 3rd March and 18s on Thursday 5th March 2020
- Junior Club Champs save days: Monday 9th March to Thursday 12th March. Used if weather wet in previous two weeks.
- Junior Club Champs Finals: during week beginning 16th March 2020
- Teen Social Tennis Last Session & Prizegiving: From Wednesday 1st April to Saturday 4th April 2020