Teen Tennis is for teenagers ( 12 to 18 years) who want to play social tennis in a non competitive environment.
Teen Tennis is run by Club Coach Ken McLeod and involves skills coaching and social games.
Teens enrolling in Teen Tennis will use the club registration process and will be enrolled for Term 4, 2017 and Term 1, 2018.
This season Tennis Hot Shots runs from Wednesday 18th October, 2017 to Saturday 9th December, 2017 (excluding Labour Weekend Saturday) and then from Wednesday 7th February, 2018 to Saturday 7th April, 2018. (excluding Easter Saturday 31st March, 2018)
Teens are welcome to join in one or two sessions per week.
Wednesday: 5.00 to 6.00pm
Saturday: 11.00am to 12.00pm
NEW – Teen Club Night from 6pm on Friday evening, is also open to all Teen Tennis players
The annual subscription for Teen Social Tennis is $155.
This provides the junior with:
- One or two coaching session each week during term 4 and 1.
- NEW – Junior Club Night (Friday)
- Access to club courts (when available) for 12mths (non member parent may play with their child).
- Invitation to junior club events – social and competitions such as Club Champs.
NB: If paying for 3 or more family member, discount sub by 10%.
- From 6 to 18 years
- 1 or 2 group coaching sessions per week by professional club coach
- Personal use of court at times other than club play, interclub play and tournament play
- Priority on court use is given to tournaments, club events, club play, interclub, team practices and coaching
- Club members (including hosted guests) may play at other times
- Visitors are welcome when courts are not required by members etc
Free parent and child play subject to the following conditions
- Parents of a non interclub junior are able to play with their child during casual play periods free of charge (does not apply to juniors older than 12 years)
- Parent & child play is designed to help give children consistent practice at a stage when the child is unable to play consistently with other beginners
- Parents must be hitting only with their child and not conducting their own game with adults
- To play casually at other times, parents are required to pay visitor fees
Teen Social Tennis – Important Dates for 2017 / 2018
- Junior Open Day: Saturday 23rd September 2017
- Teen Social Tennis commences in Term 4 2017: Wednesday 18th October 2017
- Teen Social Tennis finishes for Term 4 2017: Saturday 9th December 2017
- Parent and Child Fun tournament: from 5pm on Friday 15th December, 2017.
- Teen Social Tennis commences in Term 1 2018: Wednesday 7th February 2018
- Junior Club Champs entries online close: Wednesday 21st February, 2018
- Junior Club Champs Singles: from 4pm – 12s on Monday 26th February. 15s on Tuesday 27th February, 18s on Thursday 1st March 2018.
- Junior Club Champs Doubles and Mixed: from 4pm – 12s on Monday 5th March, 15s on Tuesday 6th March and 18s on Thursday 8th March 2018
- Junior Club Champs save days: Monday 12th March to Thursday 15th March. Used if weather wet in previous two weeks.
- Junior Club Champs Finals Day: from 4pm on Wednesday 21st March 2018 & Thursday 22nd March, 2018
- Junior Prizegiving: from 4pm Friday 6th April 2018
- Teen Social Tennis Prizegiving: Saturday 7th April 2018