Situated in the heart of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula at Edith Hopper Park, the Whangaparaoa Tennis Club offers 6 artificial grass floodlit tennis courts, a fully equipped clubhouse with licenced bar and plenty of parking.
The club runs organised social club play year-round and organises inter-club teams at all levels for Seniors, Juniors (8-19yrs) and Mid-Week players in the Tennis Northern competition, during the summer tennis season (September – April). Our club coaches run coaching programmes for all levels from beginners to advanced. Club courts are available for limited public use at a cost of $5/hour per person, at times that the courts are not required for organised club play or by members of the club during casual play.
The club offers the following membership options:
- Senior: – (24 years plus)
- Intermediate: – (19 years plus)
- Senior Casual: (19 years plus – 3 month term)
- Mid Week Social: – (19 years plus – midweek social tennis only)
- Senior Associate: – Non Playing (19 years plus)
- Interclub Junior: – (18 years and under, playing interclub)
- Hot Shots & Teen Tennis: – (18 years and under, 1 coaching session per week)
More information can be viewed at
The club meets for social play (all levels) on
- Monday & Wednesday mornings from 9am (Midweek Ladies).
- Wednesday evenings from 6.30pm
- Sunday afternoons from 2.00pm
Tennis Northern Club of the Year
2014 – 2015
The Whangaparaoa Tennis Club was announced as the Tennis Northern Club of the Year for 2014 / 2015 at the annual Tennis Northern Awards Evening held on Wednesday 13th May, 2015
Congratulations to the 2014 / 2015 Executive Committee and everyone at the club, for this notable achievement.
2015 – 2016
For the second year in a row, the Whangaparaoa Tennis Club was announced as the Tennis Northern Club of the Year for 2015 / 2016 at the annual Tennis Northern Awards Evening held on Wednesday 25th May, 2016.
Congratulations to the 2015 / 2016 Executive Committee and everyone at the club, for this notable achievement.